Three years ago Leanne Bats became a mum and after a cocktail of too little sleep and one too many climate documentaries, she knew if she didn’t want to hand over a broken planet to her son one day, she would need to act. And find a way to make millions of others act.
Tres Cool was born, on a mission to rewrite the climate action rulebook - creating a trustless, transparent, effortless and engaging form of action - that's unmistakably, and unapologetically cool.
At Tres Cool the team harnesses the power of web3 to build a planet-cooling ecosystem that delivers climate action you want to be a part of, spinning the planet-cooling flywheel to drive explosive demand for carbon removal. An ecosystem designed to:
- give businesses and creators the tools to bake carbon removal into the products and services you want to buy,
- empower consumers to take action by replacing blind trust in sustainability claims with trustless, verifiable carbon removal, while eliminating the need for consumers to make sacrifices for the sake of sustainability and, instead, adding intrinsic value to planet-positive goods.
- share the value of climate impact with a community of businesses, creators and consumers.
In 6 months ($60K Bootstrapped) Tres Cool have:
- Shipped their MVP; the ERC-Cool Contract. Available on thirdweb, W3bmint and coming soon to Magic Eden and Fair.xyz. Intended to be sprinkled to every corner of the internet.
- Featured on thirdweb’s top contracts page.
- Celebrated the launch with a proof of concept ‘Mint of Intent’ - over 200 of the internet’s crème de la cool minted our cool-enhancing NFT.
- Received a grant from Solana to develop their contract in their ecosystem.
- Partnered with Polygon to deliver an NFT drop using their Cool Contract
- Partnered with a web3 marketing agency, to create sustainability embedded loyalty programmes. Their partner has been invited to pitch to several major airlines.
- Started building the functionality to mint our FKTR token on the Polygon chain.
The Tres Cool team are focused on 3 goals for 2023:
- Forming relationships with potential partners
- Growing a community centred around creating fun, rewarding ways to burn their token FKTR.
- Building traction with:
- Web3 native brands/creators building on their open source protocol
- to help web2 brands exploring web3 deliver planet positive digital assets to their customers.
The Challenges of building and scaling in Web3?
Like many web3 businesses the vague regulatory environment in NZ and target markets overseas is making issuance of their FKTR token complicated!
What is the opportunity they see in Web3 for their business?
Web3 tools are a game-changer in the battle against planet-warming, allowing Tres Cool to embed trustless, effortless climate action into the fabric of culture and the economy, and share the value of impact with all who participate.
What is the impact is Trescool hoping to make?
Impact: Brands like Tesla and Patagonia have taken on the most competitive markets and won by differentiating with products that incorporate sustainability without asking consumers to sacrifice. They are successful in their niches but no one brand is addressing the wider consumer climate action market.
Tres Cool firmly believes there is a huge market gap for an innovator to emerge as the ultimate brand of consumer climate action. Taking sustainability without sacrifice from a niche to a sustainability layer that operates to incorporate carbon removal into any transaction leveraging smart contracts - from digital assets, to physical, to commercial use cases. We want to be the brand of climate action - igniting unprecedented demand for tech-based carbon removal by bringing the world climate action made cool. We don't do blame, shame, doom n’ gloom, footprints, or offsets. We rewrite the rules to create an unapologetically anti-ordinary approach to climate action that is trustless, transparent, effortless and joy-inducing.
How to get involved and support the Tres Cool movement
Leanne and Jacqui would love to grow Tres Cool’s community so if you are passionate about reinventing climate action please follow Tres Cool on Twitter and LinkedIn, or visit their website and mint their pay-what-you-feel, proof of concept ‘Mint of Intent’ NFT to celebrate the launch of their MVP.
Tres Cool’s cool contract empowers businesses/creators to build their NFT collections planet positive while rewarding the end consumer for their impact. If you/your connections are dropping an NFT collection please connect!
Leanne and Jacqui are happy to collaborate with any aligned projects. Leanne can contribute her experience.
Looking to get involved in the joyride of learning and building in Web3?
Whether you are a founder, creator or a curious soul wondering what Web3 has to offer, the Web3NZ community is a peer to peer learning platform and connection ecosystem that encourages and supports anyone who would like to learn, collaborate and innovate in Web3 🚀
- NZ Location: Taupo
- Website: www.trescool.xyz
- Current Stage: MVP in Market
- Seeking Investment Round: Not right now
- Founding Team: Founder: Leanne Bats. Co-Founder: Jacqui Buxton
Leanne Bats, Founder of Tres Cool and Head of Web3 at New Zealand Rugby
Leanne has a previous start-up under her belt, the Australasia FCB football academy, and is Head of Web3 for NZ Rugby. Leanne is the founder of Tres Cool; the internet’s coolest climate action corporation. At Tres Cool we are building an ecosystem designed to harness the power of community to spark innovation, incentivise collective action and share the value of planet-cooling impact with brands, creators and consumers - reinventing climate action to be fun, effortless and transparent.
Jacquie Buxton, Co-Founder of Tres Cool
Jacqui is new to Web3. She also has a start-up under her belt, having co-founded Bling, a NZ fashion accessories chain. On selling her shareholding she moved to Dubai and has spent the last ten years partnering with automotive brands including Toyota, Lexus and Jeep to help them grow revenue sustainably by enhancing their customer experience and loyalty. Jacqui’s fascination with Web3 was sparked when she started to explore the potential to engage consumers and drive loyalty in new ways not possible in web2. She started working with Tres Cool to help Leanne build some momentum and recently came onboard as a co-founder